The Shadow and Flame
Go Back   The Shadow and Flame > Community > General

Old 02-17-2014, 09:01 AM   #19
Arwensbane

Re: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Limited Edition Collector’s Gift Set

I've seen on bluray.com a possible date was April 8. If this is true, saving my gift cards for this one and not waiting for the extended cut.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #20
Pordey
Mod of Amon Sul

User owns 1x Weathertop Guardian (ES: 1) User owns 1x Flamie 2009 (ES: 11)

April 9 here, so I guess last week of March in the US
My Facebook My Weta Fan Profile
Old 02-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #21
Arwensbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pordey View Post
April 9 here, so I guess last week of March in the US
Haven't heard anything here in the US except the April 8 date. Usually movies come out on Tuesdays here.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #22
jessk031

Here's an update on the details for the DoS Blu-Ray collector's set & DVD release!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014...video-release/

Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #23
jrjhoe
Always on the hunt

User owns 1x Uruk Scout Helm (ES: 1) User owns 1x Rohan: Theoden\'s Helm (ES: 10) User owns 1x Numenorean Helm (ES: 20) User owns 1x Raygun: SHADOW AND FLAME EXECUTIVE (ES: 20)
User owns 1x Bag End Environment (ES: 50) User owns 1x Raygun: THE RIGHTEOUS BISON (ES: 10) User owns 1x GOT: House Stark (ES: 20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessk031 View Post
Here's an update on the details for the DoS Blu-Ray collector's set & DVD release!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014...video-release/
EXCLUSIVE – The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Home Video release

FEBRUARY 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM BY GREENDRAGON -
Read about it here at TORn before this information is available anywhere else! Thanks to Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, we can now bring you all the official information about when you will be able to take home The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. These are the release dates worldwide:

UK APRIL 7

USA APRIL 8

SPAIN APRIL 8

MEXICO APRIL 8

CANADA APRIL 8

ITALY APRIL 9

GERMANY APRIL 11

FRANCE APRIL 16

NETHERLANDS APRIL 16

BELGIUM APRIL 16

AUSTRALIA APRIL 16

BRAZIL APRIL 17

As ever, there are various options to choose from in your quest to own the Precious. Here’s what the WB press release tells us will be available in the US:

”The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be available on Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $105.43, Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $44.95, on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and on 2-disc DVD Special Edition for $28.98. The Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack includes two Gates of Erebor replica bookends from the Noble Collection and features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition, hi-definition and standard definition; only 25,000 will be available in the U.S. The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition, hi-definition and standard definition; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray; and the DVD features the theatrical version in standard definition. All versions include a digital version of the movie on Digital HD with UltraViolet.* Fans can also own The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug in Digital HD on April 8th via purchase from digital retailers.”

And what exactly will be on these DVDs and Blu-rays? Read on – more from the press release:

“BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and 2-Disc Standard Definition DVD Special Edition contain the following special features:

Peter Jackson Invites You to the Set: In the Company of the Hobbit and Peter Jackson Invites You to the Set: All in a Day’s Work – Experience the film’s challenges and demands, and journey alongside the director into Mirkwood, Lake-town and Dale as the movie’s most intense, pivotal scenes are created
Production Videos – Watch production come to life as Peter Jackson gives you an inside look at the making of the film
New Zealand: Home of Middle-earth, Part 2 – Travel with Peter Jackson and his team across the stunning locations of New Zealand transformed by the filmmakers into Middle-earth
“I See Fire” Music Video – Ed Sheeran’s beautiful theme song from the film is illuminated with this intimate music video

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be available for streaming and download to watch anywhere in high definition and standard definition on their favorite devices from select digital retailers including Amazon, CinemaNow, Flixster, iTunes, PlayStation, Target Ticket, Vudu, Xbox and others. Starting April 8th, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will also be available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.”

As soon as we have further information about what packages and formats will be available worldwide, we’ll bring you those details. Meanwhile, here’s a basic summary of what will be on sale in the US:

Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack $105.43

Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack $44.95

Blu-ray Combo Pack $35.99

2-disc DVD Amaray (WS) $28.98

Get ready to bring home a dragon! Don’t forget, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is still showing in quite a number of theatres, so you may be able to get your big screen Middle-earth fix whilst you wait the remaining weeks to get your hands on your own, personal copy.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #24
Pordey
Mod of Amon Sul

User owns 1x Weathertop Guardian (ES: 1) User owns 1x Flamie 2009 (ES: 11)

Ah, guess that makes April 16 for Norway as well.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #25
Decel3000

Just seen this.
Do you think they will release a few of the Limited collectors edition here in the UK
Would def purchase that.
Cant nether the less

Old 02-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #26
Morgoth Bauglir
Master of the Dark World!

User owns 1x Raygun: SHADOW AND FLAME EXECUTIVE (ES: 20) User owns 1x Raygun: Bronze Logo Badge (ES: 10) User owns 1x Star Trek: Starfleet Insignia (ES: 10) User owns 1x The Hobbit: Thorin (ES: 100)
User owns 1x SW Darth Vader\'s Helm (ES: 10) User owns 1x Terminator T-800 Endoskull (ES: 4) User owns 1x Toy Story: Buzz Lightyear (ES: 8)

Well hopefully it will be available to ANYONE who wants it!

April is the release date........... 04/08/214

Old 02-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #27
Minuialwen
I choose a mortal life.

User owns 1x Galadriel\'s Crown (ES: 1) User owns 1x Bag End Environment (ES: 50)

Thanks Jessk and jrjhoe for the updated info.

Sure like to know what Weta is planning for the EE. I'm getting really tired of purchasing the same movie twice.
As if WB isn't getting enough money out of these movies to begin with.
My Flickr Photos My Weta Fan Profile
Old 02-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #28
Morgoth Bauglir

User owns 1x Raygun: SHADOW AND FLAME EXECUTIVE (ES: 20) User owns 1x Raygun: Bronze Logo Badge (ES: 10) User owns 1x Star Trek: Starfleet Insignia (ES: 10) User owns 1x The Hobbit: Thorin (ES: 100)
User owns 1x SW Darth Vader\'s Helm (ES: 10) User owns 1x Terminator T-800 Endoskull (ES: 4) User owns 1x Toy Story: Buzz Lightyear (ES: 8)

Well WB is only doing what every other company is doing, making money, why not heck we all would.....

What I find is the different versions and I guess it is a Noble Collectables gift box and I might say LOOKS AWESOME!

Old 02-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #29
Radagast

User owns 1x Bag End Environment (ES: 50)

With the addition of the behind-the-scenes production discs as well as the statues it will be a bit easier to put out the money for the theatrical edition. I just hope the eventual extended edition will contain a different sculpt from Weta as well as different production discs.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #30
BuckyUnderbelly

User owns 1x GOT: House Stark (ES: 20) User owns 1x GOT: House Lannister (ES: 20) User owns 1x GOT: House Targaryen (ES: 20)

I know they're all free on YouTube, but it would be nice to eventually have all the video blogs (not the appendices that are on the EEs) on blu-ray at some point. I kinda thought they'd include them on the theatrical versions, but they haven't.

They did a nice stand-alone package of the King Kong behind-the-scenes DVDs back in the day. I wonder if they'd consider doing something similar for these.

Last edited by BuckyUnderbelly; 02-18-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #31
Leatherbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
With the addition of the behind-the-scenes production discs as well as the statues it will be a bit easier to put out the money for the theatrical edition. I just hope the eventual extended edition will contain a different sculpt from Weta as well as different production discs.
EE should contain the next two parts in the special features Appendices. They've even carried over the counting from the LOTR Appendices (AUJ Appendices are numbered 7 & 8), so I don't see why they would stop!
Old 02-18-2014, 03:40 PM   #32
Arwensbane

two days after my bday. Will be getting with my gift cards :
Old 02-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #33
theguru1
Looking for a Co-Pilot

User owns 1x Dr. Who: Dalek (ES: 4) User owns 1x Narnia: Reepicheep\'s Feather (ES: 5) User owns 1x Raygun: SHADOW AND FLAME EXECUTIVE (ES: 20) User owns 1x Bag End Environment (ES: 50)
User owns 1x SW R2-D2 (ES: 5) User owns 1x Gandalf\'s Hat (ES: 20) User owns 1x Star Trek: Starfleet Insignia (ES: 10) User owns 1x Flamie 2010 (ES: 10)
User owns 1x Dr. Who: Tardis (ES: 4) User owns 1x The Hobbit: Balin (ES: 100) User owns 1x The Hobbit: Bilbo Baggins (ES: 100) User owns 1x The Hobbit: Thorin (ES: 100)

Well, that's a bit disapointing, I only buy the full EE versions, which of course always had a statue. I'm not buying double the discs, so will wait and see what Weta do for the EE version and see what these Noble ones are like.

Then later I can just buy the statues off eBay, I have a feeling there will be a fair number around.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #34
Scriff
Green Dragon Advocate

User owns 1x Rohan: Theoden\'s Helm (ES: 10) User owns 1x Rohan: Eomer\'s Helm (ES: 3) User owns 1x Flamie 2012 (ES: 9) User owns 1x Bag End Environment (ES: 50)

I'll be holding out for the EE Weta collector set.

Those Erebor bookends look nice though...

Scriff
Old 02-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #35
Radagast

User owns 1x Bag End Environment (ES: 50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherbound View Post
EE should contain the next two parts in the special features Appendices. They've even carried over the counting from the LOTR Appendices (AUJ Appendices are numbered 7 & 8), so I don't see why they would stop!
I didn't even notice they were numbered and continued from the LOTR. So yes, I am sure they will continue this in the extended edition.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #36
Morgoth Bauglir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwensbane View Post
two days after my bday. Will be getting with my gift cards :
That will be a GREAT BDay present indeed!